Last month, Westex by Milliken joined the industry in one of the largest safety conferences in the U.S. – NSC Congress & Expo. It is an opportunity to be immersed in the industry – gleaning information, learning the latest developments and experiencing products in-person.
For us, it is also an opportunity to learn more about end users and what they are looking for in arc rated/flame resistant (AR/FR) personal protective equipment (PPE).
As a leading developer of proven AR/FR fabrics, Westex by Milliken knows that fabric selection makes all the difference in creating a PPE program for employees. Specifying a fabric is, often times, a lengthy and rigorous process because of the sheer selection. End users want to see proven, quality fabrics, but they also have a set of considerations that go beyond AR/FR requirements. Highlighted below are five Westex® fabrics that allow end users to build PPE programs with their employees in mind.
- Westex UltraSoft® Flex for superior comfort and mobility: Now with 50% more stretch, UltraSoft® Flex builds upon our trusted UltraSoft® line to offer a fabric that bends with the worker as they move. An excellent choice for proven AR/FR everyday wear, UltraSoft® helps to create a ‘want to wear’ experience for those needing PPE.
- Westex Indigo™ for stylish performance: Denim, as the fabric of choice for many workers, can be a go-to solution for AR/FR needs. Providing advanced protection with comfort and style, Indigo™ continues to fill the demand for guaranteed flame resistant denim with the look of everyday non-FR jeans wear.
- Westex AllOut™ for inclement weather: In eliminating the need for a non-compliant NFPA 2112 vapor barrier, Westex AllOut™ incorporates water- and wind-resistant technology for an innovative fabric solution. AllOut™ ushers in a new generation of flame resistant outerwear by providing multi-hazard protection without weighing the wearer down.
- Westex® DH for hot and humid weather: Westex® DH is a distinctive woven blend providing optimized moisture management. Keeping the wearer cooler, drier and more comfortable, DH’s low propensity for piling creates a long-lasting AR/FR garment that is sure to be worn even in the warmest weather.
- Westex Vinex® for the demands of the aluminum industry: For nearly two decades, Vinex® FR fabric has served as the standard in the aluminum industry. Vinex® is uniquely engineered to shed molten aluminum while providing flame resistance for the life of the garment. It is also designed to adhere to EN 531 and EN 373 (classified to D1 and D2) standards.
No matter the use or industry, our well-versed team is able to consult and guide you through the AR/FR fabric specification process. To explore your PPE program and its needs, reach out to us at [email protected] today.